The spiritual path is a journey to wholeness where the true and authentic Self seeks full expression. By living life as a journey, we come to see the inherent wisdom that is a part of all things in the world. We see value in all things, and we obtain a clear understanding of the necessary part each of us plays in the unfoldment of this balanced wholeness.
It is when we discover a worldview that honors all things as vital parts of the whole that a plan of perfection begins to reveal its pattern to us. In the unfoldment of this plan, individual lives have great meaning and are honored as a vital expression of the whole. Our greater purpose is to see this plan as one of Divine Intention where we are consciously choosing to participate in the highest expression of the unfoldment of that plan.
That is the process of free will, a divine right for each of us. When we make a conscious choice to abide by higher Will, we have made a great leap in conscious awareness through which our Soul has the opportunity to become a prevailing influence in our lives.
And that is the purpose of free will – to choose to become a conscious vehicle through which the Soul’s Intentions may be manifested.
Through this process of choosing, we evolve into our ultimate highest potential of the Divine Self transcending the limited expression of the personal self. The Higher Self is the expression of highest human potential through which God’s Will manifests through us in perfect form. When the full pattern of highest potential is brought forth into physical expression, the human experience is uplifted to the status of Divine Self.
Divine Self: a level of consciousness which exceeds all known capacities for human experience; a merged state of human and Divine interaction; a level of transcendent being.
At this level of functioning, great feats and abilities are manifested, perfect balance is found, and Heaven is experienced on Earth. The Divine Self in form is known by a variety of names throughout different cultures and religions: saints, sages, avatars, and bodhisattvas. Every culture has their understanding of this spiritual phenomenon where the fullest potential of human/Divine interaction is found and experienced as a merged state of transcendent being.
We begin to see the importance of doing our own personal work to evolve through this maturation process so that our highest potential can be fully expressed. Saints and sages throughout time have told of us of the importance of this journey and offered themselves and their paths as tutorials in this process. The Buddha and the Christ made their lives living examples of this process coming to find peace and compassion as the rewards of their dutiful lives to this endeavor. They are the avatars which motivate us in this quest for self-transcendence. By example, they show us the way on the path to wholeness.
The spiritual journey to wholeness is one which requires of us to learn the power of conscious manifestation as we are seeking to move through life with right speech, right action, and right livelihood. Fortunately, when we are still unconscious or unaware of this ability, we are allowed a kind of grace period before the actual manifestation of our desires comes to fruition, or else we would see the potentially destructive nature of our thoughts quite quickly. Just think of the road rage some drivers experience and you will be grateful that the universe sees to it that our thoughts are given time to disengage before we see them materialize!
We must learn to control our emotions and consciously implement only those intentions that are of the highest good if we want to move forward on the evolutionary track of spiritual empowerment. Over the course of time (which by the way, is its only purpose), we learn that the power of thought is mighty, commanding, and immediate. Learning to have thoughts which reflect only virtue, concentration and discernment (the three aggregates of the Buddha’s Noble Eightfold Path), bring into being a state of balanced wholeness where our Soul may express through our physical being unhindered.
By bringing into your awareness your Soul’s Intentions in a conscious and co-creative manner, you begin to live a life in full creative authorit – a life filled with true empowerment begins! When this level of consciousness is reached, there is great authority to bring forth that which we desire. Our desires are now those of the Divine; we are manifesting in alignment with higher Will. Your life becomes one filled with health, abundance, and joy. Your creative abilities manifest in the moment that which you desire. Through this transcendent state of being, you offer balance and healing to the whole of humanity.
When we speak about connecting with the Creator, we mean that there is power behind your words and intentions to create in alignment with God’s plan of perfect wholeness. Know that you have the authority to bring forth this plan of perfection into your life and into the lives of those around you with your conscious choice to connect with the Intentions of your Soul. By making it part of your daily plan to connect with these Intentions, you open yourself to the vast healing that is available for this purpose. The whole of being is ready to assist you in this endeavor.
Here are some ways to make this choice to connect with the Soul’s Intentions as a daily part of your life:
1. Every morning set your intentions for the day in a way that reflects your desire to manifest in alignment with the Soul’s Intentions. Use this time for prayer, meditation, quiet contemplation, yoga postures, stretching, walking in your garden, chanting, singing, movement, or any creative expression that allows your full and loving heart to be in the moment. The important part is to be very present with heart focused awareness and loving intention in your desire to live through this Divine connection with your Soul.
2. In every moment of the day, seek guidance before acting. Turn your focus inward and intuitively listen and be receptive to the Intentions of your Soul. Although at first this will seem awkward and illogical, it will soon become a part of your regular thinking and feeling routine. You will come to recognize the Soul’s voice by a feeling or knowing sense of sureness and warmth. With careful attunement there will be a voice quietly suggesting and offering guidance, insights, or support. The inner voice will be different from your personal voice, never critical or destructive but always supportive. The Soul will be quietly referring you to a new acquaintance or in a different direction or asking you to read a certain book or encouraging you to ask for what you need. Always follow these clear knowings which register in your heart, even if you don’t yet seem to know why you might be asked to do this.
3. Look for the synchronicities of life – those seemingly related coincidental events that are not obviously connected, especially if there are three of them in near secession. These are the work of the Divine moving life to meet you and assist you in your path to wholeness. Theses are measures of grace outpouring to support you in your process of becoming more conscious. Accept them are the gifts they are! Turn inward and attune to the energies of the Soul to find further insights or directives about these events or occurrences.
4. Fill your life with gratitude. Keeping your focus in a loving state of mind will best assist the Intentions of the Soul to be heard, felt or sensed. One sure way to do this is to count your blessings. Staying with the heart focused intention of being grateful moves your energy field to a state of harmony and balance where clarity prevails. Bless those around you with your good intentions, even when your first instinct is not this generous. Bless the goodness that is inherently within each situation and every person, as we recall – every part of the whole has value. As The Course in Miracles makes clear to us, allow yourself to see God within every being, even if they do not yet see it themselves. Give them the grace of knowing that one day, they too will know themselves as Divine beings. As with the Hindu greeting, Namasté, we are saying with our blessings, “I salute the potential to become a God that lies within you,” or “The light within me sees and honors the light within you.”
5. Honor the unfoldment of your highest potential by visualizing yourself in that role. Allow yourself to see, sense, feel and know the best of what you can be. Dream, aspire, connect with your heart’s desires through journaling, visualization, mandala work, vision quests, or dream interpretations. Allow yourself to witness the highest potential of your own development and takes steps to bring that into being. Allow your daily acts to move you in the direction of this fulfillment. Remember you have your Soul to guide you…you cannot fail!
6. At the end of your day quietly reflect on the day’s events and proceedings, taking time to let the past go, allowing yourself a gentle release of the day’s tensions or stresses. Give yourself a loving embrace, making room in your heart for tomorrow’s ventures and acknowledging a job well done. Set your intentions to receive any guidance or healing as needed during the dream state, and to receive a restful and rejuvenating sleep knowing that the promise of tomorrow lies ahead!
Take a consciously creative life, and express your True Self!